"Some say he did the impossible!"
The Jere Beasley Report, August 2005
William White is one of the founding partners of Parkman White, LLP. After graduating from the University of Alabama with a degree in Accounting, and the University of Alabama School of Law, William began his practice in a general litigation firm in his hometown of Dothan, Alabama. There he handled a broad array of cases including Probate and Estate Planning, Insurance Defense Litigation, Real Estate, and Divorce. He soon took advantage of an opportunity to obtain more courtroom experience by joining the District Attorney’s office as a prosecutor. In his five years at the District Attorney’s office, William stayed busy, handling first appearances, bond hearings, grand jury presentments, arraignments, misdemeanor bench trials, and felony jury trials, often all in the same week. While a prosecutor, William was involved in nearly 100 jury trials, including numerous capital murder cases. William was also in charge of the office’s civil asset forfeiture cases.
In late 2003, William left the District Attorney’s office for private practice, where he joined forces with Jim Parkman, with whom he founded Parkman White, LLP, opening offices in Dothan and Birmingham. In the past ten years, William has developed an expertise in White Collar Criminal cases, participating in numerous State and Federal trials. Among his most notable accomplishments was his blistering two day cross-examination of the Government’s primary witness in the widely publicized “BINGO trials” of 2011 and 2012, where the witness proclaimed in front of the jury, “you’re sweating me out up here.” William’s cross examination, combined with Parkman’s closing argument ultimately led to the full acquittal of their client on all 19 counts.
William is the managing partner of Parkman White, LLP, and works out of the firm’s Birmingham office. William has been rated as “AV Pre-eminent” by his legal peers through Martindale Hubbell, the highest ranking they give, and a testament to his standing among other attorneys. He has also been named a “Top 100 Trial Attorney”, is rated a perfect 10 by lawyer rating service AVVO, and was featured in “Birmingham’s Best Attorneys.” William is also an alumnus of the Alabama State Bar Association’s Leadership Forum. William is licensed in Alabama, New York and the District of Columbia. William primarily focuses in the areas of White Collar Criminal Defense, Wills and Probate, and Bankruptcy.
- University of Alabama School of Law – J.D. 1998
- University of Alabama – 1995 – Accounting Major
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- All State courts of Alabama
- All State courts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeal for the Fourth Circuit
- AV-Pre-imminent rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Perfect 10.0 rated by AVVO
- Top 100 Trial Attorneys
- Alabama Leadership Forum Alumnus