“Some say he did the impossible!”
The Jere Beasley Report, August 2005
Birmingham Criminal Appeals Attorneys – Fighting For You
Montgomery Post-Conviction Relief Lawyers; Guiding You Through Appellate Court
For more than four decades, criminal appeals lawyers at Parkman White, LLP have been defending clients against a wide variety of criminal charges in Alabama. We have also helped numerous clients appeal their convictions or reduce the sentences imposed on them by Alabama and federal courts. Call us to fight your conviction: (205)-244-1920.
If you have been convicted of a serious crime such as murder, theft, or drug trafficking (or any other crime), the criminal defense lawyers at Parkman White, LLP in Birmingham are ready to fight for your freedom. Call (205)-244-1920 to discuss your appeal with an experienced criminal defense attorney to guide you through Alabama appellate court.
We will diligently re-examine your case and look for any holes in the prosecution’s case. You will also receive straightforward legal advice on whether or not your conviction has a chance of being overturned or your sentence reduced:
- Was evidence in your case improperly admitted?
- Did Birmingham police admit to making any improper statements during your case?
- Did Alabama prosecutors fail to provide you with a fair trial?
- Did the Alabama jury receive improper instruction during your initial trial?
- Was your prior Birmingham defense lawyer competent?
- During your trial or plea agreement, were any mistakes made by the Alabama court?
- Is your punishment unreasonably harsh?
Our attorneys know that Alabama Appellate Courts are different than other courts. At the appellate level, judges are looking for extremely sophisticated arguments that address complex legal theories and subtle mistakes that may have been made during the initial trial. Your attorney needs to be up to these demands. Contact Parkman White, LLP. Whether you want to appeal your conviction at the state level or if you are fighting to appeal a conviction and sentence on federal crimes, contact Birmingham’s Parkman White, LLP. 205-502-2000.
Birmingham Rule 32 Attorneys; Skilled, Experienced in Alabama Law
If your appeal has been denied by the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, or the Alabama Supreme Court, that doesn’t mean it is time to give up. You still may seek relief under Rule 32 of the Alabama Rules of Criminal Procedure. This rule allows relief from a conviction when:
- Constitutional error requires a new trial or new sentencing;
- The trial court lacked jurisdiction over the case;
- The sentence exceeded the maximum sentence allowed;
- The Defendant’s sentence has expired, but they remain incarcerated; or
- Newly discovered evidence has been found.
If any of these apply to your case, and you are interested in Rule 32 relief, call the Alabama Rule 32 attorneys at Parkman White, LLP to evaluate your case. The 2 most common grounds for Rule 32 in Alabama involve constitutionally ineffective assistance of trial counsel, and newly discovered evidence. However, you must beware that there are strict time limitations on the filing of a Rule 32, and also limitations on your ability to file multiple Rule 32 petitions. In other words, do it right the first time.
If you’ve been convicted of a crime, and your appeal has been denied, before you give up, call the Alabama Rule 32 attorneys at Parkman White, LLP. 205-502-2000.