Birmingham child visitation attorneys with experience assisting clients living in Gardendale, Alabaster, Tuscaloosa, and the rest of the Birmingham, Alabama area.
Children are unfortunately used as pawns in divorce cases where the parents no longer like one another. If a clear visitation schedule is not established, one of the parents is more likely to abuse their rights, and the children are the ones that are harmed. Even in an amicable divorce, things can turn sour down the road. Uncertainty about specific details of child visitation can lead to uncomfortable and unnecessary disputes. It is in everyone’s best interest to establish a schedule to answer the following common questions:
- Who gets the children for Christmas?
- Who gets the children for Thanksgiving?
- Who gets the children for Spring Break?
- How long do I get the children this summer?
- Do I get weekend visitation this summer while the children are with their father?
- Do I get the children for my birthday?
- Do I get to see the children on their birthday?
- Do I see the children on mother’s day, when it is on the father’s visitation weekend?
- He’s working on his visitation weekend, does he get to decide who keeps the kids?
- What time do we exchange the children?
- Where do we meet to exchange the children?
- Who is allowed to be present when we exchange the children?
These are just a few of the common questions that arise when dealing with child visitation in Alabama. If you hire an experienced Alabama divorce attorney to negotiate these important child visitation terms on the front end, you will almost certainly save yourself time, agony and money in the long run.
When it comes to your child visitation, you don’t want any gray area. Our Alabama child visitation attorney team William White and Jim Parkman with Parkman White, LLP are experienced in negotiating satisfactory visitation conditions so that all parties know their rights and responsibilities when it comes to child visitation. Contact us today at 205-502-2000 to schedule your appointment.